Kodaikanal's First and Best Resort
Lilly's Valley is a uniquely beautiful resort set amid terraced gardens on three acres of wooded land, ringed by towering eucalyptus trees. Its 21 traditional stone cottages are constructed in the colonial British style, with handcrafted woodwork details throughout. It is the rare resort with an eco-focus and no concrete structures: even the furniture is lovingly made by hand by talented craftsmen!
Built in 1982, Lilly's Valley was the first resort in Kodaikanal. Our stone-and-wood cottages, both free-standing and attached, can accommodate couples, small and large family groups, students, and corporate groups.
We are located in a quiet suburban neighborhood exactly 2 km from the center of town and the lake. With a short taxi ride or 15-minute walk, you'll be in the heart of shopping, boating, horse-riding, roller-skating and other tourist attractions.
Our style is low-key and customized to you: you can order simple, tasty Western and South Indian dishes from the kitchen, and hold gatherings in the garden gazebo with your own music and programs. We'll even arrange a cozy night bonfire!
We have special rates for long-term stays of one week or more, up to a 50%discount. Discounts are also available for weekdays.
Many repeat customers, both Indian and foreign, have been coming here for decades, drawn back by the beauty, peacefulness, and cozy cottages. One Italian child born in one of our cottages returned 25 years later with her husband to stay in the same cottage!
Who stays at Lilly's Valley...
- Honeymooners, who love the complete privacy of our romantic suites with bathtubs.
- Young IT workers who enjoy the privacy and natural beauty of our resort, where they can come and be themselves.
- Small groups, because cottages can hold from four to twelve people, with no extra charge for children.
- Families, because children have lots of space to run around.
- Nature lovers, because of the abundant trees, flowers and birds, amidst old-style English cottages made of stone and wood.
- Corporate groups and family gatherings, who like the bonfires and music at night.
- Retired foreigners, because long-term stays of a month or more are offered at a very good price.
- College students who need a break after their studies and like the fact they can bargain for their rooms.
- People on special diets, because food can be tailor-made to their needs.
- Travelers, artists and writers who like the rustic, quiet character of our unique hotel for short or long stays
- Anyone who loves beauty, peace and comfort at good prices.